What is a Vision Board?
What is a vision board?
- Most commonly known as a vision board, it may also be called a dream board, dream collage, mood board, affirmation board, action board, or a goal-setting board.
- Vision boards are a collection of images, text, quotes, affirmations, and action items that represent your dreams, goals, and focuses. They are placed somewhere you will see them often, to remind you of the goals you have set for yourself and how you will achieve them. Vision boards are effective tools that use the power of visualization to help you design the life of your dreams!
Do vision boards really work?
The answer to this question depends a lot on you! Vision boards work because they transform your thoughts and dreams into something you can see and touch. Your vision board is a powerful guide that's there to help you achieve the end goal. It is like a silent coach: constantly reminding you that you are amazing, you can achieve whatever you set your mind to, and that the win is within your reach! Like a coach, a vision board leads you toward victory, but you are going to have to put some work in as well.
What does that mean? You should include action items in your vision board: steps you can take to achieve each of the goals and focuses on your board. Don't just include images of what your dream life looks like, but also images of the actions you will take to get there. Then use the board to remind you of those actions. Use it as a guide and a motivator. Hang it where you will look at it often. Celebrate small victories. Stay positive. Don't let obstacles discourage you.
Vision boards and the Law of Attraction
If you are familiar with the Law of Attraction and manifestation, then you have probably heard of vision boards before! A vision board is one of the tools used to harness the Law of Attraction to manifest the life of your dreams. The Law of Attraction states that when you focus on something, you attract it to you. That our actual reality is a direct result of the energy from our thoughts.
Vision boards give a clear direction to the thoughts and energy that you want to turn into reality. They allow you to visualize what you want and keep your focus on your priorities. Not only do they serve as a daily reminder of what you really want, but also encourage you to take action toward those goals.
Benefits of a vision board
Advantages of a DreamCollage vision board
- Traditionally, vision boards were made by collecting piles of magazines, going through said piles searching for images and text, cutting out the images and text, and then pasting them to a poster board. Some people enjoy this method. But it is time-consuming, messy, requires materials you may not have readily available, and the result isn't always pretty. You also can't always find images or text that are quite right for your specific goals and dreams.
- An alternative is to use digital design software to create a vision board. This method requires first learning how the design software works. You may get frustrated if your design doesn't look great. You may have to sign up and pay for a subscription to use premium images or features. And then you need to find a printer to print the vision board for you.
- With DreamCollage, all you have to do is select a design that you like and follow the prompts to personalize the vision board. You will see a preview of what your vision board looks like. Place your order and we will print and ship your vision board to you!
- All of our professionally-designed templates are made to look amazing on your wall!
- One of the most important things you can do for your vision board to work is to look at it every day. So you want to have a great-looking vision board that you are proud to put on display.
We believe in dreaming big.
We believe every life-changing journey starts with a single step. We believe that we are all capable of accomplishing AMAZING things.
It is our mission to help people envision and create the life of their dreams.Whether you use DreamCollage for your vision board, create one using a design software tool, or do it the old-fashioned way with a bunch of magazines and a poster board: we hope you just do it!!